Thursday, March 06, 2008

Geography Schmeography

As previously stated, I teach 2nd grade. In the last few months, I have compiled a list of geography facts I was unaware of until recently.

I'm sure you will find them educationally edifying as well.

Here are a list of places that are IN the United States.
1. North America... all of it.
2. England
3. France
4. Asia... all of it, but specifically India and China.
5. The Pacific Ocean. (Maybe like a lake?)

Here are a list of places that countries.
1. Utah
2. Lindon
3. California
4. New York

Facts I learned in the last 1/2 hour:
Mozart was born in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Really, my kids are exceptionally bright, and we have managed to get a handle on most of our geographical issues. But I don't think this is a subject where we have much room to slack off either.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Those are treasures. 2nd graders are so creative and quite independent thinkers! Have you seen Katrina's blog? She talks a lot about education stuff too. (katrinasteve.blogsspot.com)

Megan and Kenny said...

I remember when I was little thinking that Idaho was the whole world and that Utah was a part of the world, Idaho.
Then again I was shocked to find out in like the 2nd or 3rd grade that Mormons were the minority and there are places were people don't even know what they are.