I am a teaching assistant/substitute at a local k-12 charter school.
I spend MOST of my time with the middle school students (6-8).
This is quite adventurous.
Here are 5 things I saw happen in the last week(ish).
1. An eighth grader who ran into a wall, punching a four foot hole through the plaster.
2. A boy licking a stick of deodorant.
3. A boy who wanted to show me just how far he could stick a pencil up his nose.
4. A boy who stuck a staple so far into his ear that I couldn't get it back out.
5. The principal body checking the PE teacher in order to win a scooter board race.
Never a dull moment in public education.