Tuesday, October 24, 2006

free hugs

I'm really not a touchy-feely person. However, I have a weak spots for hugs. Good hugs. In fact, it is my goal in life to have a legitimate "running hug" like you see in the movies. You know the ones I mean. They are usually accompanied by a triumphant crescendo or maybe some cheesy dialogue from the actors. But it's the hugs that matter.

Since today is one of those days where I really feel like I could use a hug, I decided to post a video clip I saw a few weeks ago. After all, a person needs three positive touches a day to stay healthy. So hug your neighbor. You'll be doing them a favor.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Great song...and yay for the hugs!

Hope today is going great!

be said...

Three?

Ronnie said...

What constitutes a positive touch?

be said...

And what happens if you only get two or one or none?

*star said...

I probably learned about this in a magazine or in high school health class, so you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt. Positive touches = handshakes, high fives, hugs, hand on the shoulder, pat on the back, etc. If you don't get enough positive touches for an extended period of time you can get "touch hunger" and develop depression.

Ronnie said...

That's it. I'm officially "touch hungered."

be said...

You can feast this weekend, Ronnie.

Kim said...

HAHAHA! I am howling. Good B.
And, I already told Ronnie that he needed to do one of those running hugs down the airport as he greets Stef. You better have, Ron-dawg.

Lauren said...

yesterday this video didn't load. but today it did, and i must say, thank you star for my weepy pregnant moment of the day!

bec said...

I tried doing one of those running hugs once. I had a bruise on my shin for 2 months. I suggest doing a little choreography beforehand for that.

Megan and Kenny said...

I wish I could see the video. For whatever reason Kenny's lame computer doesn't let us see the attachment, even on our blog, so when I but up videos I have no idea if they work.