Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Straight Face

Sometimes, the hardest thing about being a teacher is NOT laughing when you're kids do something funny.   You're supposed to be the adult--set the good example and all that.  

The other day, one of my kids farted in the middle of lecture.  The class burst into giggles.  I would have felt bad for the kid, but he's outrageously popular and probably enjoyed the attention.  I continued the conversation without missing a beat.  A few of the girls were obviously trying to show their maturity by refraining from laughing.  One of them raised her hand and asked me a question.

When she didn't like the answer she was given, she huffed, "Well, that stinks."

The class lost it. 

The girl turned bright red.

And I had to clench my teeth together and fake an interest in my papers to keep myself together.

Ah, adulthood.

Priceless.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Timing in comedy is everything -

The Plasters said...

This is awesome! I'm glad you held it together...you did better than I would have :)