Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tagged

I got tagged. I didn't know about this phenomenon, but luckily, it came with instructions attached.

The rules: A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

#1. I love to be outside more than almost anything. Particular soft spots: whitewater rafting, hiking in Moab, and exploring in the woods. I believe that people are at least partially solar-powered, and as weird as it may sound, I think this kind of activity can have a huge influence on the way you feel.

#2. I have a deep-seated desire...no that's not taking it far enough...I have a NEED to have pets. One of my favorite games to play is "If I had a dog, I would name him/her....."
(Point and case: Russell just found a cat in the parking lot and I fed it 2 and a half hot dogs and a can of Russell's tuna.
Point and case #2: I fed a skinny dog half a roll of crackers a few days ago when my family made a pit stop on the way to Phoenix.)

#3. I love the water. I love to swim, wade, splash, float, row, water the garden, take a bath, etc. I worked as a life guard for 5 years, and I have been swimming since long before I can remember. I love it.

#4. I don't have a whole lot of shame. Or perhaps its just a lack of maturity. I make up nonsense songs and sing them in public places. I dance around parking lots, campus, and my classroom. I make sound effects when surprised or agitated. I have an entire costume box full of things like pirate swords, turbans, and kimonos. You get the idea.

#5. I'm a sucker for a good story. That'll get me every time.

#6. I have a fascination with names. I own 4 name books, and frequent baby name sites. I don't really know why. Maybe it stems from years of stupid name jokes. But I have lists and lists and lists of names stored away on computers, in journals, and on old scratch paper. However, I often call my friends and family by names that are not their own. For example, I have renamed all of my younger siblings. They are now Durd, Foreesto, and Normie. My niece and nephew are Moon Fry and Mowgli, my boyfriend is Wusso, and my dog is Pooper.

And now I tag someone else.... I tag Russ, Kelly, Annie, and Bryant. I do not expect that they will all actually respond. And yes, I realize that wasn't six people.

3 comments:

be said...

The first thing that I want to point out is that you broke rule C. I'm pretty sure I didn't get a comment warning me of this.

Second, you're very funny. #6 reminds me of how we gave my cat Frosty the nickname of "James" (because he's so posh). I like that his nickname is a human name and his real name is a pet name.

#6 also reminds me of Bart making jokes about your name.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan and Kenny said...

I already have my dog/dogs names picked out. If one dog Vicious Killer. If two dogs one Vicious the other Killer.
I don't know why but I don't like to spend time outside like I use to. There are days that I don't even leave the apartment. (I am a little scared that I will get attacked). That depression problem really took a lot of stuff away from me. Sometimes I foget that I use to be a lot of fun. I don't feel horrible like I use to, but I'm definatly not my fun self. I'm pretty boring now, I can never think of anything to do, and I alot of the time when we do leave I just want to go home. I'm sorry blah and boring.