Friday, September 07, 2007

Womanatee


I went to Sea World with my family a few years ago. It was there that I discovered my rather inexplicable fascination with...

MANATEES!

Okay, so they are not the most exciting animals, but when I watched them sail through the water like giant swimming blimps, I couldn't help myself. I started envisioning a huge manatee tank in my backyard. I could feed them heads of cabbage, and try to hang onto them as they turn over in the water. It's like swimming with the dolphins but in slow motion.

For the record, if I had a pet manatee I would name him Fatty Lumpkin.

But since I cannot afford a manatee, I decided that I would have to sponsor one instead.


banner

One step closer to my dream, baby.

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

Do the manatees really need saving? Who needs saving more, the whales or the manatees...cause I can only save one animal at a time.

*star said...

I guess you could take your pick, though you must admit that manatees are grossly under represented in the "Save the [insert animal here]" movement. Everyone has heard of saving the whales, but there are a lot of people that do not even know what a manatee looks like.

be said...

Did you really adopt one? That's kinda neat.

Megan and Kenny said...

So do you do anything for Fatty Lumpkin? Or was it like a one time thing?
By the way the I re-read the Fellowship of the Rings a couple of months ago and I made myself read that tom bombadil part, after reading it, i pretty much don't think I missed anything the first time around and I still wanted to skip it the 2nd time around. But I made it through it.