Saturday, June 17, 2006

Oh Crud

A group of us went to a Salt Lake Bees baseball game last weekend.

(By the way, I have a problem supporting teams whose mascots are INSECTS. I am a firm believer that teams should try to keep their mascot creatures in the "Bigger Than A Breadbox" category.)

The game was excellent. The weather was perfect. Our seats were great. Kelly had just settled back into her seat after thrilling our portion of the crowd with her own personal rendition of the YMCA dance when disaster struck. Apparently, a local bird had not been too keen on Kelly's dance moves, and decided to voice his opinion by landing a mess of bird poop right in Kel's lap.

According to the old superstition, being pooped on makes Kelly the "lucky" one. Personally, I think it's probably the other way around.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I had a bird poop in my hair one time on the way to seminary. That was pretty disgusting.

be said...

I think I got the worst of it: Kelly touched me with her arm after she got pooped on.

kel said...

WHATEVER! You know you liked it, B. And in all honesty, that bird obviously has no kind of taste in dancing if he thought my YMCA rendition was distasteful. It was the rockin-est YMCA ever.

chrishley said...

Have you heard that story about the bird called the foo? It was very unlucky to wipe it off if it pooed on you. The moral of the story goes: if the foo shits, wear it.

Megan and Kenny said...

That's funny about the poop. But I very much agree about the insect thing. Dirty bees.